Prep time: 15 mins (plus marinating)
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 4 pork sirloin steaks (2cm thick)
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp ground chilli
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- Toasted tortillas to serve
- For the salsa
- 2 round tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, deseeded and finely diced
- 2 tblsp coriander leaves and stalks, chopped
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 2 eschallots (green onion), finely sliced
- 1 cup cooked black or red kidney beans
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 2 tblsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper
Pat-dry the pork steaks and set them aside on a plate. Combine the brown sugar and all the spices together, rub this into the pork steaks leaving them to sit in the fridge for at least 20 mins.
Combine all the ingredients for the salsa and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place this in the fridge while you are cooking the steaks.
Heat a griddle pan, fry pan or barbeque to a high heat and drizzle the oil onto the steaks. For a juicy, tender pork sirloin steak, cook the steaks on one side for 6 mins without turning. Turn the steaks over and cook on the other side for 2 more mins, this will cook the steak to a juicy white, if you prefer them a little pink in the middle then reduce the cooking time.
Remove the steaks from the pan and allow them to rest for 2 mins. Serve the steaks with the salsa and toasted flat breads.