Prep time: 10 mins (plus marinating)
Cooking time: 25 mins
4 pork loin chops about 300g each
Steamed rice to serve
- 2 tblsp ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 purple shallot
- Good pinch Szechuan or black pepper
- 1 long red chilli (seeds removed for less heat)
- 10 drops of sesame oil
- 2 tblsp hoisin
- 2 tblsp oyster sauce
- 1 tblsp Chinese cooking wine or balsamic vinegar
- 4 tblsp sweet soy sauce
- 2 tblsp honey
- 1 tblsp peanut oil
- Stir-fry slaw
- 1 tblsp light olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup of purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced into match sticks
- 1 bunch of bok choy, trimmed, washed and thinly sliced
Place the pork chops into a large dish. Blend all the marinade ingredients until combined. Pour ½ the marinade over the pork and massage it in. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
Heat a tblsp of oil in a pan or oven proof dish and sear the chops for 2 mins each side, add in the remainder of the marinade and ½ cup of water and cook for 3 mins. Place the dish in the oven and cook for 15 mins.
Reheat the pan on a high temperature with the extra oil. Add in the onions, carrots and cabbage and toss for 3 mins. Add in the bok choy and toss for another min until the bok choy starts to wilt.
Serve the vegetables alongside the pork with steamed rice and drizzle with extra sauce.