Preparation time: 15 minutes (plus marinating)
Cooking time: 20 minutes
4 pork loin chops, rind removed
2 tbsp plus ¼ cup extra of virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, smashed
½ bunch of sage
1 knob of butter
- Apple sauce
- 4 Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- ½ vanilla pod, split
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Apple Slaw
- ¼ small white cabbage, shredded thinly
- ¼ small red cabbage, shredded thinly
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, cut into julienne strips
1. Rub pork chops with a combination of 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 clove of garlic and ¼ bunch sage, cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or overnight if possible.
2. Wipe off marinade and cook the chops in a hot pan in ¼ cup of olive oil until golden, allowing approximately 4 minutes each side. Add to the pan the butter, remaining sage and garlic and allow to foam and brown the butter, basting the chops several times. Remove chops and rest covered for 6 - 8 minutes. Serve with the Apple Slaw.
3. To make the apple sauce, place apples, butter, cinnamon stick, sugar, ginger and vanilla into a saucepan and cook on a low heat until soft, stirring often. Remove the vanilla and cinnamon and discard. Blend with a hand mixer until sauce is smooth, add lemon juice and cool.
4. Stir in mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper. Combine cabbage and apples and stir through apple mixture and season to taste.