4.5 - 5 kg leg of Australian ham
¾ cup orange juice
½ tsp nutmeg
1 cup honey
1 cup orange marmalade, sieved
¼ cup grand marnier or whisky
60 cloves to stud ham
- Cooking Instructions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 170°C.
2. Using a sharp knife, remove the rind (skin from the ham)
carefully to expose the fat.
3. Score the fat into diamonds and stud the ham with cloves.
4. Combine the orange juice, nutmeg, honey, orange marmalade and
grand marnier into a small saucepan and heat over a low heat until
ingredients have dissolved and continue to simmer until liquid is
reduced by half.
5. Place ham into a large baking dish and brush with the
6. Bake ham in the pre-heated oven at 170°C for 1 hour, basting
7. Serve hot with festive roasted vegetables and red
Note: mustard or chopped herbs may also be added to the glaze