4 lean pork cutlets
Salt and pepper to season
2 tsp olive oil
2 cups mixed mushrooms
2 tblsp Vincotto or sweet sherry
¼ cup chicken stock
200mL cooking cream
1 tblsp chives, finely chopped
- Cooking Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 170°C.
2. Trim pork cutlet to your liking, season with salt and pepper
and rub with a little oil.
3. Heat griddle pan over a medium heat for 2 minutes and cook
pork cutlets for 3 - 4 minutes on each side.
4. Remove cutlets and place on a baking tray. Finish pork
cutlets in the preheated oven for 8 minutes.
5. Melt butter in a frying pan and brown mushrooms well. Pour in
the combined Vincotto and stock. Simmer and stir for 2 - 3
6. Stir in the cream and chives, season with black pepper.
7. Serve pork cutlet with creamy mushroom sauce and crispy,
roasted potatoes. Sprinkle with chopped chives.
Notes: this sauce is also delicious served with sirloin steak or
pork scotch steak. Cooking cream may be replaced with evaporated
skim milk if you are watching your weight.