4 x 300g pork loin chops
2 tablespoons ginger, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 purple shallot
Good pinch Szechuan or black pepper
1 long red chilli (seeds removed for less heat)
10 drops of sesame oil
2 tablespoons hoisin
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine or balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon peanut oil
1 tablespoon light olive oil
1 brown onion, peeled and thinly sliced
1 cup of purple cabbage, shredded
1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced into match sticks
1 bunch of bok choy, trimmed, washed and thinly sliced
Steamed rice to serve
- Cooking Instructions:
1. Place the pork chops into a large dish. Blend all the
marinade ingredients until combined. Pour ½ the marinade over the
pork and massage it in. Place in the fridge for at least 1
2. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
3. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan or oven proof dish and sear
the chops for 2 mins each side, add in the remainder of the
marinade and ½ cup of water and cook for 3 mins. Place the dish in
the oven and cook for 15 mins.
4. Reheat the pan on a high temperature with the extra oil.
Add in the onions, carrots and cabbage and toss for 3 mins.
Add in the bok choy and toss for another min until the bok
choy starts to wilt.
5. Serve the vegetables alongside the pork with steamed rice and
drizzle with extra sauce.