400 g lean pork stir fry strips or sliced pork fillet
1 tsp sesame oil
1 cup char sui sauce
¼ cabbage, finely shredded
1 carrot, peeled and grated
4 spring onion, sliced diagonally
150 g water chestnuts, roughly chopped
10 sheets fresh phyllo (filo) pastry
150 g butter, melted
2 tblsp black sesame seeds
½ cup spring roll dipping sauce or light soy
- Cooking Instructions:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
2. Combine the lean pork strips in a medium bowl with the sesame
oil and char-sui sauce.
3. Heat oil in a large wok over a high heat and stir-fry the
prepared vegetables for 3-4 minutes. Remove and cool in a large
4. Return the wok to the heat and stir-fry the pork strips in
two batches for 2-3 minutes or until well browned. Place pork in
the bowl with the vegetables and mix well.
5. Lay the filo pastry on a flat surface and brush one
sheet with the melted butter then top with another sheet. Repeat
until you have 5 sheets. Cut each sheet into 2 large
6. Spoon a little pork mixture into the centre of the pastry and
brush the edges with melted butter. Fold in the edges, turn and
fold pastry to enclose filling and roll tightly into a cigar shape.
Repeat with remaining mixture and pastry.
7. Place each cigar onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper
brush each roll with a little melted butter and sprinkle with black
8. Bake rolls in the pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes or until
golden and crisp.
9. Serve hot with spring roll dipping sauce.
Pork may also be marinated with honey and soy or spicy plum as a