500g Australian leg ham, cut into triangles/chunks
½ fresh pineapple, peeled & cut into small cubes
1 cup BBQ sauce
½ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons mustard
2 teaspoons chilli sauce
2 teaspoons oil
8-10 bamboo skewers
BBQ sauce to serve
- Cooking Instructions:
1. Soak the bamboo skewers in warm water
2. Load the skewers alternately with ham & pineapple,
approximately 3 of each.
3. Combine the ingredients for the marinade together until well
4. Pour the marinade over the skewers and allow to marinate for
up to 24 hours.
5. Brush a little oil onto a pre-heated griddle pan and cook the
skewers turning and basting frequently for 5 -6 minutes.
6. Serve the skewers drizzled with a little BBQ sauce and with a
salad or steamed vegetables.
Notes: Pineapple maybe replaced with cherry tomatoes &