8 - 10 lean pork belly rashers or spare ribs
½ cup cold chai tea, strong black
¼ tsp chilli powder
1 tsp fresh ginger
1 cup chai tea, strong black
½ cup brown sugar
1 orange, zested and juiced
4 star anise
Steamed basmati rice
- Cooking Instructions:
1. Cut pork rashers in half and place in a non-metallic shallow
2. Pour over the combined marinade and marinate for 40 minutes
or up to 24 hours refrigerated.
3. Remove pork from marinade and BBQ on a pre-heated BBQ grill
plate 5 - 6 minutes each side.
4. Place glaze ingredients into a saucepan and stir over a
medium heat until liquid boils. Increase heat and boil
rapidly until liquid is syrupy, stirring occasionally.
5. Brush glaze over ribs liberally and caramelise for 2 minutes
on the BBQ being careful not to burn.
6. Serve pork with warm roti bread, basmati rice and salad.
Notes: when glazing pork on the BBQ it's best to cook marinated
pork first then apply glaze. This prevents the sugar burning
and destroying delicate flavours.