1 tablespoon olive oil
1.2-1.5 kg lean pork scotch roast
¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
3 sweet potatoes, peeled
600g pumpkin, peeled
300ml maple syrup
150ml BBQ sauce
- Cooking Instructions:
1. Pre-heat BBQ on medium heat for 10 minutes prior to
2. Brush the pork scotch roast with olive oil and place onto the
pre-heated BBQ and brown roast evenly on all sides. Remove
from the BBQ and place the roast into a baking dish.
3. In a large bowl combine the cinnamon, sweet potatoes,
pumpkin, maple syrup and BBQ sauce toss to coat well. Arrange
the vegetable and sauce around the roast in the baking dish and
roll roast in excess sauce.
4. Turn off the centre burners leaving the outer 2 burners on
medium, place the baking dish into the centre of the BBQ and pull
down the cover (hood), roast the pork scotch for 25 minutes
per 500g or until juice runs clear when tested.
5. Remove pork roast and rest for 10 minutes prior to slicing
and serving with maple roasted vegetables. Serve hot with steamed
vegetables or salad.
Pork scotch maybe replaced with pork loin or rindless leg roast
or rolled pork belly.
Photography courtesy of BBQ Weekender magazine published by WW
Media Pty Ltd. Photography by Andre Martin.