400g char sui pork, sliced thinly
5 cups cooked rice
4 Spring onions, finely chopped
1 carrot, peeled and grated
¼ cup green peas
50g bean sprouts
2 tblsp oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 eggs, beaten
30g fried rice seasoning or oyster sauce
5 tblsp soy sauce
¼ cup fried shallots
- Cooking Instructions:
1. Heat oil in a large wok and sauté the garlic, spring onions
and carrot for 1 minute. Remove and set aside.
2. Add the beaten egg to the wok to make a large omelette.
Remove and roll.
3. Add a little more oil to the wok and fry the fried rice
seasoning for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the rice and pork. Stir fry for 3 - 4
5. Toss through the vegetables and bean sprouts.
6. Season with soy sauce and salt and pepper.
7. Serve hot garnished with the thinly sliced egg.
Notes: char sui pork may be prepared well ahead if required.
Choose either pork fillet or scotch and marinate with Chinese red
BBQ spice and char sui sauce for 1 hour. Roast in a
pre-heated oven at 200°C for 20 minutes per 500g.