4 x 250g pork chops
100g plain flour
Salt & pepper to season
1/4 cup water
3 cups Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup continental parsley, finely chopped
Oil for shallow frying
2 cups Napoli pasta sauce or tomato passata, warm
Parmesan Cheese, shaved
Baby spinach and black olive salad
- Cooking Instructions:
- Place pork chops onto a board, cover with plastic wrap and
gently flatten pork with a rolling pin and even out the thickness
of the pork.
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a zip lock bag and add in
the pork chops. Shake well to coat lightly and set aside
- Beat the eggs & water together in a small bowl, set
- Combine the panko crumbs, grated parmesan cheese and parsley
together in a small shallow tray and mix well.
- Dip the flour dusted pork chops into the egg mixture drain off
any excess and press into the parmesan Panko crumbs, coating well
on each side.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large frying over medium heat
to approximately 170c.
- Cook the crumbed pork chops until golden brown on both sides.
Place chops on a large oven tray covered with baking paper and
finish the pork chops in a pre-heated oven at 150c for 10
- Serve the pork chop on warmed tomato pasta sauce, and top with
shaved parmesan cheese and basil leaves. Serve with tomato chutney
and baby spinach & olive salad.
Notes: If you are Gluten Free replace the flour with gluten free
flour or chickpea flour and replace the Panko crumbs with rice
crumbs or gluten free breadcrumbs.