When it comes to stir-frying strips, diced pork or mince the best method is cooking at a high heat for 2-3 minutes until light brown.
Instructions based off 800g pork stir-fry strips
Use additional ingredients of your choice:
- 3 cups mixed vegetables
- 2+ tablespoons sauce/s of choice (to taste)
Click on each drop-down step below:
Pour the oil into a large heavy-based wok set over a high heat and fry the pork for 2-3 minutes, until lightly-browned.
Add 3 cups mixed chopped vegetables and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes.
Pour in sauces of choice, then cook for 2 minutes, until glazed.
- Have all your ingredients chopped prior to commencing cooking
- Ensure all ingredients are roughly equal in size to ensure cooking is even
- Add the ingredients that take longer to cook first such as onions, celery and carrots
- When cutting meat for stir fry, always cut meat across the grain
- Always have your wok nice and hot, you should be able to see a heat haze when it is ready to go. Try not to burn the oil as this may affect the taste of the meat
- Cook in small batches (200g) to keep the heat in your wok.
Ideal cuts for Stir-fry