Also known as rashers, belly slices are perfect stir-fried, cooked best over high heat and a short cooking time.
Instructions based off 600g pork belly slices, 1cm thick
Use additional ingredients of your choice:
- 2 tablespoons oil (suggested: sesame)
- 2 cups mixed veg
- sauce/s of choice
OR follow our basic ‘Pork Belly Rasher Stir-Fry with Rainbow Vegetables’ recipe below.
Click on each drop-down step below:
Use a sharp knife to cut the belly slices into fine pieces, about ½cm wide.
Toss with half the oil, then fry in a large heavy-based wok over a high heat for 4 minutes, until browned.
Add the remaining oil and vegetables to the wok and cook for 5 minutes, until softened, then pour in sauces of choice.
Simmer for 2 minutes. Serve on rice with toppings of choice.
Steps in Motion: Basic Recipe
PORK BELLY RASHER STIR-FRY WITH RAINBOW VEGETABLES
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 600g pork belly slices, 1cm thick
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups mixed colourful vegetables (capsicums, baby corn, onions, bok choy)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- rice, ginger batons, Asian herbs & fried shallots, to serve