- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced.
- Spray the cooling rack with non-stick spray, and place on lined baking tray.
- Roll each rasher into a rosette and secure with toothpicks. Place on rack.
- Place tray of bacon rolls into the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven and brush each rose with maple syrup then return and cook for further 10 minutes or until crisp. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Strategically remove enough of the plastic roses from stems to thin the bunch (note, if you are working with a small bunch, this step may not be necessary).
- Carefully removed toothpicks from bacon roses and secure onto skewers.
- Feed the skewered bacon roses into your prepared bouquet.
- Wrap and secure together with string or ribbon of your choice.
- Give them to someone you love or eat them yourself and enjoy!
You Will Need:
- 6 x rashers Australian bacon
- Non-stick oil spray
- Baking paper or tin foil to line tray
- 12 x toothpicks
- Metal cooling rack
- Baking Tray
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- basting brush
- bunch of plastic roses
- 6 x skewers