Vietnamese pork and noodle cakes
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 10 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •500g lean pork mince
- •1 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- •1 teaspoons fresh chilli
- •¼ teaspoons pepper, ground
- •1 carrot, grated
- •¼ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- •1 packet instant noodles, cooked and drained
- •2 eggs, beaten
- •¼ cup sesame seeds
- •2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- •2 tablespoons olive oil
- •½ cup poon sin/Vietnamese dipping sauce
- •lettuce leaves
- •fresh mint
- •lime wedges
- 1.In a large bowl combine the pork mince, ginger, chilli, pepper, carrot, coriander leaves, instant noodles and eggs. Mix well.
- 2.Shape the mixture into small patties and sprinkle the cakes with sesame seeds.
- 3.Place cakes on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- 4.Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- 5.Fry cakes for 2 - 3 minutes on each side until golden, remove and drain on absorbent paper.
- 6.Serve warm with dipping sauce, lettuce leaves, fresh mint and lime wedges.
Notes: chopped prawns may be added to the Vietnamese pork cakes for a delicious difference.