American style pork burger
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •700g lean pork mince
- •1 onion, finely chopped
- •½ bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- •1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- •1 egg
- •100ml smokey BBQ sauce
- •2 slices bread, torn
- •4 tablespoons milk
- •4 seeded hamburger buns, toasted
- •½ cup quality mayonnaise
- •½ cup American mustard
- •2 tomatoes, sliced
- •Lettuce leaves
- •Oil for cooking
- •4 dill pickles to serve
- •Chunky chips to serve
- 1.Place the pork mince, onion, parsley, carrot, egg and BBQ sauce into a large bowl.
- 2.In a small bowl combine the bread and milk and allow to soak for 5 minutes. Mash with a fork.
- 3.Combine the bread mixture with the pork and combine well (you may need to use your hands for this). Season with salt and pepper.
- 4.Shape mixture into large 150-200 g patties, depending upon the size of the roll.
- 5.Place the burgers onto the preheated griddle plate and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes each side until cooked through.
- 6.Serve on a toasted bun with mayonnaise, American mustard, sliced tomato and lettuce. Serve garnished with a dill pickle and a bowl of chunky chips.
Burgers may be flavoured with herbs or spices of your choice. Burgers may also be frozen after preparation for up to 3 months.