Asian marinated pork steak
Prep time 25 minutes Cook time 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 x 300g pork steaks, 2cm thick
- •¼ cup soy sauce
- •1 teaspoon ginger peeled & grated
- •1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- •1 teaspoon sesame oil
- •¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- •½ lime, juiced
- •3 cups steamed rice
- •Black sesame seeds
- •Steamed broccoli
- •Cooked green peas
- •Lime wedges
- 1.In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, sweet chilli sauce and lime juice and mix well.
- 2.Add the pork steaks to the bowl and coat well. Allow to marinate for a minimum of 20 minutes and up to 24 hours, covered in the refrigerator.
- 3.Heat a pan over a medium heat for 2 minutes. Remove steaks from the marinade and drain off excess marinade.
- 4.Cook pork steaks for 6 minutes on one side without turning, then 2 minutes on the other, basting occasionally. Remove pork steaks and allow to rest for a final 2 minutes prior to serving.
- 5.Serve pork steaks over cooked rice with steamed broccoli and peas.
- 6.Garnish with wedges of lime, sprinkle lightly with black sesame seeds.
Soy sauce may be replaced with tamari sauce for a delicious difference.