Asian pork stir fry with steamed rice
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 10 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •1kg pork shoulder, thinly sliced across the grain
- •½ cup chicken stock
- •1 tablespoon cornflour
- •2 tablespoons soy sauce
- •2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- •2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- •1 medium brown onion, sliced
- •1 clove garlic, crushed
- •1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- •1 bunch broccolini, trimmed
- •1 carrot, sliced
- •10 green beans, trimmed and cut
- •Hot steamed jasmine rice to serve
- •1 red chilli, sliced (optional)
- 1.Prepare the sauce ingredients by combining together the chicken stock, corn flour, soy sauce and dry sherry. Set aside.
- 2.Heat the pan to a high temperature, add the oil and immediately add the onion, garlic, and ginger and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Then add the broccolini, carrot, and beans for a few minutes or until they are just tender, but still crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- 3.Add a little more oil to the pan if required and add the pork, stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the sauce and cook, stirring for a minute or until sauce thickens.
- 4.Return vegetables to the pan and stir to combine all ingredients together and coat with sauce.
- 5.Serve on top of steamed rice and scatter with sliced fresh chilli.