Australian ham sandwich
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 5 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 Brioche buns
- •400g Australian leg ham, sliced
- •4 slices Swiss cheese
- •4 large dill pickles, sliced length wise
- •½ cup quality mayonnaise
- •2 tablespoons seeded mustard
- •2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1.Heat a griddle pan over medium heat and grill the brioche rolls until golden and warmed through. Remove and set aside.
- 2.Use the oil to grill the sliced ham on the griddle for 2 minutes on each side. Turn off the heat and stack the ham into 4 portions and top with Swiss cheese.
- 3.Spread the base of each roll with seeded mustard and the top of each roll with a good dollop of mayonnaise.
- 4.Transfer the grilled ham and cheese onto the base of each roll, top the cheese with a sliced dill pickle.
- 5.Replace the top of the bun and serve immediately.
This sandwich can also be made with fat toast or your favourite bread roll.