Bacon, Egg & Tomato Tart
Prep time 30 minutes Cook time 40 minutes
Serves 6 people
- •2 sheets frozen butter puff pastry
- •1 tablespoons olive oil + extra for greasing
- •1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- •6 Australian rindless streaky bacon rashers, halved lengthways
- •4 eggs, at room temperature
- •2/3 cup pure cream
- •½ cup coarsely grated parmesan
- •250g grape tomatoes
- •1/3 cup basil pesto
- 1.Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- 2.Grease a 30cm x 20cm slice pan with oil. Line pan with partially thawed pastry, joining sheets to fit the pan. Turn excess pastry on pan edges over to form a 1cm border. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and just cooked through. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- 3.Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes until onion is softened. Set aside to cool slightly. Sprinkle onion mixture over pastry base.
- 4.Arrange bacon rashers over onions. Combine eggs and cream in a bowl. Season to taste. Whisk until well combined. Gently pour egg mixture over onion. Arrange tomatoes on the tart. Bake for 25 minutes or until egg mixture is set. Drizzle tart with basil pesto, slice and serve.