Bacon-Wrapped Pork Scotch Roast
Prep time 25 minutes Cook time 1 hour 30 minutes
Serves 6 people
- •1 lemon, finely grated rind and juice
- •1/3 cup olive oil
- •1/3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- •1 garlic clove, crushed
- •1.5kg pork scotch roast
- •250g Australian streaky bacon rashers, rind removed
- •5 baby parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways
- •2 bunches baby carrots, trimmed
- •fruit chutney, to serve
- 1.Preheat oven to 180°C (conventional oven).
- 2.Combine lemon rind, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons oil, parsley and garlic in a bowl. Brush lemon mixture over pork.
- 3.Place bacon rashers crossways along the length of pork. Season with pepper.
- 4.Place pork into a large roasting pan lined with baking paper. Roast for 30 minutes.
- 5.Combine parsnips and carrots in a large bowl. Add remaining oil and toss until combined. Season.
- 6.Place vegetables around pork and roast for 50-60 minutes or until bacon is golden and crisp and pork is cooked through.
- 7.Slice pork. Drizzle with warmed pan juices if liked. Serve with roasted vegetables and fruit chutney.