Bacon Wrapped Pork Swirl Roast
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 1 hour 30 minutes
Serves 6 people
Sweet meets savoury in this festive favourite. A flavourful main dish that your guests will love this holiday season.
- •1.5 kg pork scotch
- •200g fresh spinach
- •500g Australian bacon rashers (minimum 15 bacon rashers)
- •100g dried prunes
- •100g dried apricots
- 1.Preheat oven at 180°C.
- 2.Line a baking tray with baking paper
- 3.Butterfly the pork neck and flatten with a mallet.
- 4.Cover the pork with a layer of spinach, then 5 bacon rashers, top with prunes and apricots.
- 5.Roll up the pork and truss tightly.
- 6.Layer the outside of the trussed roast with the remainder of bacon rashers ensuring you are covering all the surface of the roast.
- 7.Place pork swirl on the pre-prepared tray and roast for approximately 1.5 hours for a 1.5kg roast.