Barbecued Belly Rashers with Spicy Glaze
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
Because belly rashers are sliced so finely you can choose to cook them quickly, or slowly. This fast and delicious family dinner is a fantastic way to use one of the best cuts going around.
- •600g pork belly rashers, 1cm thick
- •sea salt flakes and freshly-ground white pepper
- •1 tablespoon oil
- •¼ cup smoky barbecue sauce
- •2 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- •2 teaspoon malt vinegar
- 1.Season the belly rashers with salt and pepper, then toss with oil.
- 2.Combine the barbecue sauce, Tabasco and vinegar in a small bowl, then stir to combine.
- 3.Arrange the rashers on a hot barbecue grill and cook for 8 minutes, turning several times, until lightly blackened.
- 4.Continue cooking, basting with the sauce, for 4 more minutes, until glazed and just firm to touch.