BBQ chai glazed pork spare ribs
Prep time 40 minutes Cook time 12 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •8-10 lean pork belly rashers or spare ribs
- •½ cup cold Chai tea, strong black
- •¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- •1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- •1 cup Chai tea, strong black
- •½ cup brown sugar
- •1 orange, zested and juiced
- •4 star anise
- •Roti bread
- •Steamed basmati rice
- 1.Cut pork rashers in half and place in a non-metallic shallow dish.
- 2.Pour over the combined marinade and marinate for 40 minutes or up to 24 hours refrigerated.
- 3.Remove pork from marinade and BBQ on a preheated BBQ grill plate for 5-6 minutes each side.
- 4.Place glaze ingredients into a saucepan and stir over a medium heat until liquid boils. Increase heat and boil rapidly until liquid is syrupy, stirring occasionally.
- 5.Brush glaze over ribs liberally and caramelise for 2 minutes on the BBQ being careful not to burn.
- 6.Serve pork with warm Roti bread, basmati rice and salad.
When glazing pork on the BBQ it’s best to cook marinated pork first then apply glaze. This prevents the sugars in the glaze burning too quickly.