BBQ pork steak with Italian brocollini salad
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 pork scotch fillet steaks
- •1 tablespoon olive oil
- •Salt and pepper to taste
- •1 bunch broccolini spears, blanched
- •1 red capsicum, roasted and peeled
- •200g fresh gnocchi pasta, cooked & drained
- •20g butter
- •1 clove garlic, sliced thinly
- •½ cup basil leaves, torn
- •¼ cup olives
- •100g soft feta, crumbled
- •½ cup Italian dressing
- 1.Brush the pork scotch fillet steak with a little oil and season with salt & pepper.
- 2.Preheat the griddle pan for 1-2 minutes over a medium heat.
- 3.Place the pork steak in the griddle pan and cook for 6 minutes, turn the steak and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove steak from the pan and rest in a warm place for 2 minutes.
- 4.Cut the blanched broccolini spears into equal sized lengths and place in a large bowl and set aside.
- 5.Slice the roasted capsicum in strips and add to the broccolini.
- 6.Melt the butter in a large non-stick frying pan and brown the cooked gnocchi over a medium heat turning frequently for 2-3 minutes. Add the browned gnocchi to the vegetables along with the other prepared salad ingredients and toss well. Pour dressing over the salad.
- 7.Just prior to serving toss salad well to coat with dressing. Serve salad with grilled pork steak and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Pork scotch fillet steak may be replaced with pork loin steak, pork fillet medallions or pork leg steaks.