BBQ pork steak with mango coconut salsa
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 10 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 lean pork loin steaks, 2cm thick
- •1 tablespoon oil
- •Salt and pepper
- •¼ cup BBQ sauce
- •1 large ripe mango, diced
- •½ red capsicum, diced
- •½ yellow capsicum, diced
- •2 roma tomatoes, de-seeded and diced
- •1 long green chilli, finely chopped
- •1 lime, zested & juiced
- •3 tablespoons coconut chips, toasted
- •Pinch black sesame seeds
- •Soft tortilla toasted
- •Lime wedges
- 1.Brush the pork steak with a little oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 2.Preheat the griddle pan for 1-2 minutes over a medium heat.
- 3.Place the pork steak in the griddle pan and cook for 6 minutes, turn the steak and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove steak from the pan and rest in a warm place for 2 minutes.
- 4.In a large bowl place the all prepared salsa ingredients except the coconut chips. Toss carefully with a spoon to combine.
- 5.Serve the juicy pork loin steak over the prepared salsa, serve with grilled tortillas and garnish with toasted coconut chips and lime wedges.
Pork loin steaks may be replaced with pork leg steak, pork scotch fillet steak or pork fillet medallions.