Best pork burger
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 25 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •500g lean pork and beef mince
- •1 onion, finely chopped
- •2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- •2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- •1 egg
- •6 SAO biscuits, crumbled
- •Salt and pepper to taste
- •12 slices salami
- •12 cherry tomatoes
- •4 hamburger buns, toasted
- •¼ cup mayonnaise
- •4 slices gouda cheese
- •Soft lettuce leaves, washed
- 1.In a large bowl, combine the pork and beef mince, with the onion, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, egg, biscuit crumbs, salt and pepper - mix well. Evenly divide and shape the mixture into 4 large patties.
- 2.Place the salami slices onto a lined baking tray with cherry tomatoes and bake in a preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- 3.Heat the BBQ or griddle pan over a medium heat and cook the pork patties for 6 minutes on each side turning carefully.
- 4.Spread the base and crown of the toasted bun with mayonnaise. Cover the base with soft lettuce leaves and a slice of cheese, top with the pork patty, crispy salami and a few cherry tomatoes.
- 5.Serve hot with crunchy fries and tomato sauce.
Salami may be replaced with crispy Pancetta or Prosciutto.