Blood Orange Marmalade, Ginger & Sriracha Glazed Ham
Prep time 30 minutes Cook time 1 hour 15 minutes
Serves 18 people
- •1 x 8-10kg ham leg, rind removed
Blood orange marmalade, ginger & sriracha glaze
- •300g jar blood orange marmalade
- •¼ cup brown sugar
- •1 ½ tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- •1 tablespoon sriracha hot chilli sauce
- 1.Preheat oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan-forced. Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, score the ham fat (not the flesh) crossways at 1cm intervals. Wrap the hock in foil (this prevents it from burning).
- 2.Place ham on a greased rack in a large baking dish lined with foil (see tip in 'General Information' tab).
- 3.To make the glaze, combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring, over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 4.Brush the ham fat a few times to evenly coat with the glaze. Bake, for 50 minutes to 1 hour, brushing with remaining glaze occasionally, or until ham is golden and caramelised. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- 5.Slice and serve warm or cold. Decorate with whole roasted red chillies if liked.
For ease, use a large disposable foil roasting dish.
If the glaze thickens on standing, warm the glaze over low heat so it spreads easily over the ham.