Caramelized Pork Chops with Apple Sauce
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 pork loin chops (250g each)
- •Oil for brushing
- •Salt & pepper to season
- •4 green apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- •¼ cup water
- •Juice of ½ a Lemon
- •Pinch salt
- •1 teaspoon horseradish, optional
- •Creamy mashed potatoes
- •Whole steamed beans
- •Chopped parsley to garnish
- 1.Brush each pork chop well with oil and season with salt & pepper.
- 2.Pre-heat a frying pan or griddle pan over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- 3.Cook the pork chops in the pre-heated pan for 4-5 minutes on each side until they are well browned. Allow pork chops to rest in a warm oven for 4-5 minutes.
- 4.For the apple sauce: In a small saucepan combine the prepared apples, water, lemon juice and salt. Cook covered on a medium heat until apples become translucent and soft. Stirring occasionally. Allow to cool slightly before mashing with a fork or blending. Horseradish may be added after cooking. Serve hot or cold.
- 5.Serve pork chops with the apple sauce on the side and accompany with creamy mashed potatoes and steamed beans. Garnish with a little chopped parsley.