Char-grilled pork steak with kipfler potato
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 lean pork leg steaks, 2cm thick
- •1 tablespoon oil
- •Salt & pepper
- •6-8 kipfler potatoes, peeled and cooked until tender
- •2 slices prosciutto, grilled until crisp
- •1 bunch asparagus spears, halved and blanched
- •2 gherkins, finely diced
- •200ml buttermilk
- •1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- •2 tablespoons fresh dill Leaves, chopped
- •½ lemon, juiced
- •1 tablespoon ver juice or white wine vinegar
- •Salt & pepper to taste
- •Sprigs of dill to garnish
- 1.Brush the pork leg steak with a little oil and season with salt & pepper.
- 2.Preheat the griddle pan for 1-2 minutes over a medium heat.
- 3.Place the pork steak in the griddle pan and cook for 6 minutes, turn the steak and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove steak from the pan and rest in a warm place for 2 minutes.
- 4.Whilst the steaks are cooking, slice the kipfler potatoes lengthwise and place in a large bowl with oil. Toss well.
- 5.Place the potatoes on the griddle pan and grill until brown. Remove and place in a large bowl.
- 6.Add the prosciutto, asparagus and diced gherkin into the bowl and toss lightly.
- 7.Place the dressing ingredients into a large screw topped jar and shake well to combine.
- 8.Drizzle a little dressing over the potato salad and toss lightly.
- 9.Serve potato salad in the centre of a serving plate with the pork steak, garnish with a sprig of dill and a little extra dressing on the side.
Pork leg steak may be replaced with a pork loin steak or pork fillet medallions or pork scotch fillet steak.