Char Sui Pork Burgers with Pickled Veggies
Prep time 25 minutes Cook time 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •2 green onions (shallots), trimmed and thinly sliced
- •½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- •1 egg, whisked
- •¼ cup char sui sauce
- •2 tablespoons soy sauce
- •2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- •2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- •500g pork mince
- •1 tablespoon vegetable oil, for pan-frying
- •4 brioche buns, split, toasted
- •1/3 cup Kewpie mayonnaise
- •1 cup baby Asian salad leaves
- •coriander leaves, to serve
Quick Pickled Veggies
- •½ cup water
- •¼ cup white vinegar
- •2 tablespoons caster sugar
- •1 teaspoon fine salt
- •1 small Lebanese cucumber, sliced lengthways into thin ribbons
- •1 small carrot, sliced lengthways into thin ribbons
- •¼ small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1.Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Combine green onions, breadcrumbs, egg, char sui sauce, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a large bowl. Add pork mince and mix until well combined. Form mixture into 4 patties (about 10cm in diameter). Place patties onto a tray, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2.Meanwhile, to make the pickled veggies; combine water, vinegar, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Add cucumber, carrot and onion to vinegar mixture. Stir and set aside at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- 3.Heat vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add patties and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Place patties onto a tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes until burgers are cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- 4.Spread mayonnaise on bun bases. Top each with salad leaves, a pork pattie, pickled veggies and a scatter of coriander leaves. Top each with remaining bun halves and serve.