Char-Siu Pork with Peas & Walnuts
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •½ cup char siu sauce
- •2 tablespoons salt reduced soy sauce
- •1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- •1 teaspoon sesame oil
- •600g pork steaks, cut into thin strips
- •450g fresh hokkien noodles
- •2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- •4 green onions (shallots), thinly sliced
- •150g snow peas, trimmed
- •125g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- •½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- •Shredded green onions (shallots), to serve
- 1.Combine char siu, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil in a small bowl. Place pork into a bowl. Reserve half of the char siu mixture.
- 2.Add remaining char siu mixture to pork. Stir until well combined. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- 3.Place noodles into a large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and stand for 1-2 minutes until tender. Drain, separate noodles and keep warm.
- 4.Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl around the wok. Stir-fry pork in small batches for 3 minutes or until evenly browned. Transfer to a plate.
- 5.Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the wok over high heat. Add green onions, snow peas and sugar snap peas. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add 2 tablespoons water, cover and cook for 1 minute or until peas are vibrant.
- 6.Return pork to wok and add reserved char siu mixture. Toss until well combined. Toss through half of the walnuts
- 7.Serve with hokkien noodles, shredded green onions and remaining walnuts.