Charred Lemon and Garlic Pork Fillet with Quinoa Tabbouleh
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •600g pork fillet
- •⅓ cup lemon juice, plus extra wedges to serve
- •½ cup Garlic dip, plus extra to serve
- •250g cherry truss tomatoes on the vine
- •2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- •½ small white onion, finely chopped
- •1 ½ cups cooked white quinoa
- •2 cups firmly packed flat leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- •1 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1.Season pork with 1 teaspoon each salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Set aside to come to room temperature.
- 2.Place onion and 1 teaspoon each salt flakes and black pepper in a bowl and set aside. Place chopped herbs in a separate bowl and cover with water to soak.
- 3.Combine the garlic dip, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a bowl.
- 4.Preheat char grill or barbeque to medium high heat, add the pork fillet and cook, basting with garlic lemon mixture and turning every 5 minutes, for 15-20 minutes or until pork is just cooked through but still pink in the centre. Pork fillet will still feel quite rare when pushed with a finger. It will continue to cook while resting.
- 5.Transfer to a plate and pour over any remaining lemon and garlic mixture. Cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- 6.Add tomatoes to BBQ and cook, covered loosely with foil, for 5 minutes, or until just blistered. Set aside with pork.
- 7.To assemble tabouli, drain herbs and add to onion mixture, stir through quinoa, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- 8.Thickly slice pork and serve with tabouli, roasted tomatoes, lemon wedges and extra garlic dip alongside.