Cheesy crusted pork schnitzel
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 lean Pork leg steaks
- •½ cup seasoned plain flour
- •2 eggs, beaten
- •½ cup milk
- •2 cups fresh white bread crumbs
- •½ cup tasty cheese, grated
- •¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- •Oil for shallow frying
- •Salad for serving
- •Lemon wedges to serve
- 1.Place the pork steak between two sheets of baking paper and mallet the pork gently to flatten.
- 2.Dust steaks with seasoned flour and shake off excess.
- 3.Whisk together the eggs and milk in a small bowl.
- 4.Combine the breadcrumbs and cheese in a large bowl and mix well.
- 5.Dip the steaks into the egg mixture then coat steaks evenly in crumb mixture and press firmly.
- 6.Heat 5cm of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and shallow fry the schnitzels until they are golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- 7.Serve with salad and a wedge of lemon.
These schnitzels are easily prepared ahead of time and frozen until required.