Cinnamon spiced pork medallions with grilled sliced apples
Prep time 20 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 pork medallions, thick cut
- •150ml pomegranate syrup
- •½ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- •1 tablespoon olive oil
- •2 green apples, peeled
- •1 tablespoon brown sugar
- •30g melted butter
- •Mashed potato to serve
- •Cinnamon quills
- •Pomegranate seeds
- 1.In a medium non-metallic bowl combine the pomegranate syrup, cinnamon and olive oil.
- 2.Marinate the pork medallions for up to 4 hours.
- 3.Cut the apples into thick slices and brush with the mixture of brown sugar and melted butter.
- 4.Cook pork medallions on the BBQ or griddle plate for 4 minutes each side. Remove and allow to rest covered for 5 minutes.
- 5.Whilst pork is resting, grill apple slices for 1-2 minutes each side.
- 6.Serve pork medallions over mashed potatoes. Arrange apple slices and garnish with a cinnamon quill and pomegranate seeds.
Marinade can also be made with apple juice in place of pomegranate syrup.