Citrus Marinated Pork Chops with Salsa
Prep time 20 minutes Cook time 10 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 pork loin chops (250g each)
- •2 lemons zested & juiced
- •1 lime zested & juiced
- •2 tablespoons olive oil
- •1 teaspoon sugar
- •Salt & pepper to taste
- •2 Firm ripe tomatoes, deseeded & finely chopped
- •1 small continental cucumber, finely diced
- •½ red capsicum, finely diced
- •1 small red onion, finely diced
- •½ cup corn kernels
- •¼ cup coriander leaves finely chopped
- •Coriander leaves to garnish
- 1.Combine the marinade ingredients in a small non-metallic bowl and mix well.
- 2.Marinate the pork chops for a minimum of 20 minutes in the refrigerator (Pork chops can be marinated for up to 24 hours).
- 3.Prepare salsa ingredients. Combine in a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate until required.
- 4.Pre-heat a pan or BBQ 2-3 minutes over a medium heat and cook pork chops 4-5 minutes on each side basting occasionally. Remove & allow pork chops to rest in a warm place for 4-5 minutes.
- 5.Serve marinated pork chops with salsa, garnish with lime cheeks and coriander leaves.