Creamy pork penne with mushroom and bacon
Prep time 5 minutes Cook time 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •2 x 300g pork steaks, 2cm thick
- •Salt & pepper to taste
- •2 teaspoons olive oil
- •4 cups cooked Penne pasta, drained
- •150g Australian bacon, diced
- •40g butter
- •200g Swiss brown mushrooms, quartered
- •200g mushrooms, sliced
- •300ml cooking cream
- •300ml chicken stock
- •Finely chopped parsley to garnish
- 1.Brush each pork steak with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Set aside to come to room temperature.
- 2.Heat a large pan over medium heat for 2 minutes, then add the bacon pieces cooked until well browned for 4 -5 minutes. Remove bacon and set aside.
- 3.Add the butter to the pan and brown the mushrooms well for 3-4 minutes.
- 4.Add the cooking cream to the pan with the chicken stock and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring continuously. Set aside.
- 5.Heat a separate pan over medium heat for 2 minutes and cook the pork steaks 6 minutes on one side, turn the steaks and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove and allow to rest for 2 minutes before serving.
- 6.oss the cooked pasta into prepared mushroom sauce and heat through, coating pasta well with sauce. Season with cracked black pepper.
- 7.Slice the pork steaks diagonally into thick pieces and serve over the pasta. Garnish the pork with chopped parsley and serve in the pan at the table with a green salad and a little parmesan cheese
Mushrooms may be replaced with grilled vegetables or asparagus.