Crispy Pork Crackling
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 3 people
The perfect Christmas leftover snack
- •Pork rind, scored
- •2 tablespoons olive oil
- •1-2 tablespoons salt
- 1.Remove any moisture from the skin by patting it dry with paper towels. For better results, place it uncovered in the fridge overnight before cooking to dry it out further.
- 2.Score the skin by cutting slits every 1cm across with a stanley knife or a very sharp knife.
- 3.Use approximately 2 tablespoons of good quality flaky sea salt to massage into the roast.
- 4.Put in a hot oven at 230°C for 20 minutes.
- 5.Rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
The fat under the rind reacts with the salt, and makes the skin puff up and become crispy. If you don’t take the time to rub the salt in properly, the crackling will have that chewy texture.