Crumbed pork koftas with mash
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •1kg lean pork mince
- •1 ½ cups dry bread crumbs
- •4 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- •2 tablespoons BBQ seasoning
- •1 egg
- •1 red onion, cut into large squares
- •1 red capsicum, cut into squares
- •Oil to brush
- •Soaked wooden skewers
- •2 cups mashed potato
- •BBQ sauce
- 1.Combine pork mince, breadcrumbs, BBQ sauce, seasoning & egg in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- 2.Divide the pork mixture into around 24 even portions and roll into small oval shapes.
- 3.Thread each skewer, starting with pork, then thread alternatively with onion and capsicum. Each skewer should have two to three pork balls to make 12 skewers.
- 4.Brush each skewer with a little oil and cook on a pre-heated griddle pan or BBQ plate over a medium heat 6-8 minutes each side, turning frequently.
- 5.Serve pork meatball skewers on a bed of mash drizzled with a little BBQ sauce and serve with a little salad on the side.
Note: these meatball skewers are delicious served anytime and can be frozen for up to 6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator. Skewers can be prepared in miniature and served as finger food with your favourite dipping sauce.