Sarah Tiong’s crumbed pork steaks and Pico De Gallo salsa
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •2 pork loin steaks
- •1 beaten egg
- •½ cup all purpose flour
- •3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
Pico De Gallo
- •3 cups diced tomato varieties
- •½ large white onion, finely diced
- •2 jalapeño chilies, finely diced (seeds and membranes removed for a milder salsa)
- •½ cup finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- •1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1.Season room temperature pork steaks on both sides with salt and pepper.
- 2.Dust the steaks in flour, then dip them into the beaten egg.
- 3.Roll the steaks in panko crumbs to evenly coat.
- 4.Deep fry the pork at approximately 170 degrees until deep golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper. Allow to rest for 5 minutes and then slice.
- 5.Mix the ingredients for the Pico de Gallo and serve separately to the pork.