Easy Jerk-style Pork Fillet with Sticky Pineapple Glaze
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •600g pork fillet
- •2 teaspoon ground allspice
- •1 teaspoon mixed spice
- •½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- •2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- •1 cup pineapple juice
- •½ cup lime marmalade
- •1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- •4 cups savoy cabbage, torn
- •6cm piece ginger, finely grated
- •4 cloves garlic, minced
- •1 red onion finely diced
- •Sliced green shallots
- •tomato-lime salsa
- 1.Preheat oven to 200°C. Toss the pork in allspice, mixed spice and cayenne pepper, then rub with 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Set aside.
- 2.Combine the pineapple juice, marmalade and vinegar in a medium saucepan and set over a high heat, Boil rapidly for 8 minutes, until thickened.
- 3.Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet over a high heat and fry the cabbage, ginger, garlic and red onion until lightly-blackened. Season generously with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 4.Sear the pork in the griddle until browned on all sides, then transfer to a baking dish and brush with the pineapple mixture. Bake for 5 minutes, then set aside to rest. Carve the pork, then serve with charred cabbage, green shallots, salsa and cornbread.