Easy Pork Belly Stir-Fry with Asian Greens
Serves 4 people
While pork belly is traditionally slow-roasted until it is meltingly tender, when cooked quickly and paired with a sweet glaze it retains juiciness, and has a mellow, delicious flavour. The real trick is to not overcook it, thereby preventing the meat from drying out. For stir-frying, 2cm cubes is the largest size that should be used. Fine slice of 2cm side strips works even better.
- •600g skinless pork belly, all bones removed
- •2 teaspoons oil
- •1 tablespoon soy sauce
- •1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- •1 teaspoon fish sauce
- •steamed Asian greens and rice, to serve
- 1.Use a sharp knife to slice the pork belly into 2cm cubes.
- 2.Pour the oil into a large heavy-based frying pan set over a high heat and cook the pork belly in batches until browned, but still medium.
- 3.Return all pork to the pan with the sauces, then simmer for 1 minutes. Serve immediately with steamed Asian greens and rice.