Easy pork parmigiana
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 10 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 (about 150g each) pork leg steaks
- •¼ cup plain flour
- •1 egg
- •1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- •½ cup finely grated parmesan
- •1 tablespoon olive oil
- •1 tablespoon butter
- •250g tomato medley or mini roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
- •220g tub bocconcini, drained and torn
- •¼ cup small fresh basil leaves
- 1.Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place a pork steak between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and using a meat mallet, gently flatten to ½cm thick. Repeat with remaining pork steaks.
- 2.Place flour into a shallow bowl. Whisk egg in a shallow bowl. Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan in another shallow bowl.
- 3.Lightly coat pork steaks with flour, then coat with egg and press into the breadcrumb mixture.
- 4.Heat oil and butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. And pork steaks (see tip) and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden and just cooked through. Transfer to a baking tray
- 5.Preheat a grill on high. Scatter tomatoes over pork steaks and top with bocconcini. Place under the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- 6.Scatter with basil leaves and serve with a crunchy green salad.
If the pork steaks do not fit in a single layer in your large frying pan, cook them in 2 batches.