Easy Pork Satay Skewers
Prep time 25 minutes Cook time 13 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •750g pork scotch fillet, trimmed and cut into 2cm pieces
- •250ml can mild satay sauce (see tip)
- •1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- •3 teaspoons fish sauce
- •Oil cooking spray
- •450g packet 2 ½-minute microwave jasmine rice
- •Sliced baby cucumbers, coriander sprigs, chopped roasted peanuts and lime wedges, to serve
- 1.Reserve 1/3 cup satay sauce in a small microwave proof bowl. Set aside. Combine remaining satay sauce, soy sauce and fish sauce in a medium bowl. Add pork and toss until pork is well coated in satay mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes (or longer if time permits).
- 2.Meanwhile, soak 12 bamboo skewers in cold water.
- 3.Thread pork onto soaked skewers. Spray pork with oil.
- 4.Preheat a greased char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Char-grill or barbecue skewers, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- 5.Microwave rice following packet directions. Microwave reserved satay sauce for 30 seconds or until warmed.
- 6.Serve pork skewers with rice, cucumbers, coriander sprigs, chopped roasted peanuts, lime wedges and warmed satay sauce.
We used Ayam brand satay sauce available in the Asian section in large supermarkets.