Easy Pork Satay Skewers
Prep time 25 minutes Cook time 13 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •750g pork scotch fillet, trimmed and cut into 2cm pieces
- •250ml can mild satay sauce (see tip)
- •1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- •3 teaspoons fish sauce
- •Oil cooking spray
- •450g packet 2 ½-minute microwave jasmine rice
- •Sliced baby cucumbers, coriander sprigs, chopped roasted peanuts and lime wedges, to serve
- 1.Reserve 1/3 cup satay sauce in a small microwave proof bowl. Set aside. Combine remaining satay sauce, soy sauce and fish sauce in a medium bowl. Add pork and toss until pork is well coated in satay mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes (or longer if time permits).
- 2.Meanwhile, soak 12 bamboo skewers in cold water.
- 3.Thread pork onto soaked skewers. Spray pork with oil.
- 4.Preheat a greased char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Char-grill or barbecue skewers, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- 5.Microwave rice following packet directions. Microwave reserved satay sauce for 30 seconds or until warmed.
- 6.Serve pork skewers with rice, cucumbers, coriander sprigs, chopped roasted peanuts, lime wedges and warmed satay sauce.