Five Spice Pork & Asian Green Stir Fry
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •500g pork fillet, cut into thin strips
- •2 tablespoon cornflour
- •1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice
- •¼ cup chicken stock
- •2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- •1 tablespoon salt reduced soy sauce
- •2 teaspoons sesame oil
- •2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- •3cm piece ginger, peeled, cut into thin strips
- •2 garlic cloves, crushed
- •4 green onions (shallots), trimmed and thinly sliced
- •1 bunch bok choy and 1 bunch choy sum, trimmed and cut into 4cm pieces
- •jasmine rice, sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- 1.Combine pork, cornflour and Chinese five-spice in a bowl. Toss to coat pork. Stand for 15 minutes.
- 2.Whisk stock, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil in a jug. Set aside.
- 3.Heat a wok or large fry pan over a high heat. When hot, swirl 2 teaspoons of oil around wok. Stir- fry pork in batches, adding more oil as required, for 2 minutes or until golden. Transfer pork to a bowl.
- 4.Add ginger, garlic and green onions to wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add choy sum and bok choy stems and stir fry for 1 minute or until just tender. Add leaves and 2 tablespoons water. Toss until combined. Cover and cook for 1 minute.
- 5.Add pork and hoisin sauce mixture to wok. Toss until combined and hot. Serve with jasmine rice and top with extra sliced green onions and sesame seeds.