Ginger and honey roasted French cut pork hock
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 1 hour 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 fresh pork hocks, French cut rind off
- •400ml ginger beer
- •5 sprigs fresh thyme
- •3 small lemons, sliced
- •1 cup honey
- •Cauliflower puree to serve
- •Thyme sprigs to serve
- 1.Place the pork hocks into a deep oven proof dish, pour over the ginger beer.
- 2.Add the sprigs of thyme, sliced lemon and half the honey to the hocks. Cover and oven bake 80 minutes. Basting frequently.
- 3.Remove hocks form the dish and place liquid into a saucepan and reduce over a medium heat until syrupy. Return hocks and glaze with liquid.
- 4.Serve each hock on a bed of cauliflower puree, drizzle with remaining honey and serve.
Thyme sprigs maybe replaced with rosemary and lemon with oranges.