Grilled pork fillet medallions with spanish rice
Prep time 5 minutes Cook time 35 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 x 150g pork fillet medallions, 2cm thick
- •1 tablespoon olive oil
- •2 tablespoons peri peri seasoning
- •2 tablespoons olive oil
- •2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- •1 small red onion sliced
- •Pinch saffron strands
- •1 small smoked chorizo sausage, diced
- •2 cups long grain rice
- •4 cups chicken stock, warm
- •2 tablespoons tomato paste
- •1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- •1 red capsicum, roasted & sliced
- •2 ripe tomatoes, seeded & diced
- •¼ cup continental parsley, chopped
- •Parsley to garnish
- •Lemon wedges to serve
- 1.Brush the pork scotch fillet steak with a little oil and season with peri peri seasoning and salt and pepper.
- 2.Preheat the griddle pan for 1-2 minutes over a medium heat.
- 3.Place the pork steak in the griddle pan and cook for 6 minutes, turn the steak and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove steak from the pan and rest in a warm place for 2 minutes.
- 4.Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, sauté the garlic, onion, saffron strands and diced chorizo for 3-4 minutes.
- 5.Add the rice to the pan and stir for 2 minutes.
- 6.Pour over the combined chicken stock and tomato paste, cook stirring until liquid boils, reduce heat, cover and simmer stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- 7.Add the capsicum, tomato and parsley to the pan. Cook for a further 5 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.
- 8.Slice the pork fillet and arrange over the Spanish rice and garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.
Pork fillet medallions may be replaced with pork loin steaks, pork leg steaks or scotch fillet steak.