Grilled pork leg steak with leek, pea and ricotta pasta
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 lean pork leg steaks, 2cm thick
- •1 tablespoon olive oil
- •Salt and pepper
- •40g butter
- •1 medium leek, washed & finely sliced
- •3 cups small pasta shells, cooked and drained
- •1 cup cooked green peas, drained
- •¼ cup basil pesto
- •¼ cup cream
- •200g ricotta cheese, sliced
- •Handful small mint leaves, sliced
- •Lemon wedges to garnish
- •Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1.Brush the pork loin steak with a little oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 2.Preheat the griddle pan for 1-2 minutes over a medium heat.
- 3.Place the pork steak in the griddle pan and cook for 6 minutes, turn the steak and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove steak from the pan and rest in a warm place for 2 minutes.
- 4.Melt the butter in a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Sauté the leek for 3-4 minutes.
- 5.Stir in the cooked pasta shells with the pesto & cream.
- 6.Fold in the cooked peas, ricotta cheese and mint leaves.
- 7.Slice the pork leg steak thinly and serve over the leek & ricotta pasta. Season with black pepper and garnish with a lemon wedge.
Pork leg steaks may be replaced with pork loin steak, pork scotch fillet steak or pork fillet medallions.