Grilled pork steak with wild mushroom pasta
Prep time 5 minutes Cook time 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 lean pork loin steaks
- •2 cups uncooked pasta
- •2 tablespoons olive oil
- •2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- •3 tablespoons fresh sage leaves, sliced
- •150g wild mixed mushrooms, sliced
- •200ml sour cream
- •½ tablespoon tomato paste
- •Freshly ground pepper and salt
- •Parmesan cheese to garnish
- 1.Cook the 2 cups uncooked pasta as per normal and let cool.
- 2.Brush the pork loin steak with a little oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 3.Preheat the griddle pan for 1-2 minutes over a medium heat.
- 4.Place the pork steak in the griddle pan and cook for 6 minutes, turn the steak and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove steak from the pan and rest in a warm place for 2 minutes.
- 5.Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat and sauté the garlic, sage leaves and mushrooms for 3-4 minutes.
- 6.Add the freshly cooked pasta, sour cream and tomato paste and gently stir through the mushrooms. Season with black pepper.
- 7.Serve the sliced pork loin steak over the wild mushroom pasta and garnish with Parmesan cheese and chopped herb.
Pork loin steak may be replaced with pork scotch fillet steak, pork fillet medallions or pork leg steaks.